Lost & Found
The Customer Service Department retains items that have been lost in the public areas of the terminal (with the exception of the concourse checkpoints which is operated by the Transportation Security Administration or TSA).
The office is located on Level 1 Baggage Claim near Bag Belt 6. Lost and Found is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. You can contact them at (504) 303-7790. To contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Lost and Found, either e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 463-2252.
Items that have been turned in to Lost and Found are kept for 1 year. The Airport is not responsible for charges incurred by shipping lost items to the rightful owner.
Exceptions to the 1-year retention period:
- Items that are knowingly abandoned by a passenger will be logged in to the system and then donated to a charitable organization after 24 hours.
- ID’s and/or Driver’s Licenses will be mailed to the address on the ID after 7 days.
- Credit or debit cards will be destroyed after 24 hours.
- Military ID’s will be mailed to the US Armed Forces after 7 days.
- Passports and/or global entry cards will be turned over to US Customs after 7 days.
- Social Security Cards will be mailed to the Social Security Department after 7 days.
- Any food items will be disposed of immediately.
- Items that have a foul odor will be disposed of after 24 hours.
Airport Lost & Found
To report a lost item, please complete the Lost Item Report here.
1 Terminal Drive
Kenner, LA 70062
P.O. Box 20007
New Orleans, LA 70141
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is open 24 hours daily, including holidays.
Administrative office hours: 8 AM to 5 PM (M-F)
Parking & Directions
Getting Around MSY
Working at MSY
©2019 Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport|All rights reserved.|